• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • Google+
Posted by Maxine Cleminson - - 1 comments

The Big One is prone to bed hair.  And not just when he gets out of bed!  The problem was compounded over the summer during swim team season... daily chlorination + sun + no school = crazy hair!

Now that we're back into the school term, he's had a haircut and I'm making a concerted effort to keep on top of the fuzz!  The trouble is that the Big One has a bath or shower before going to bed rather than add to the arduous morning routine (which is manic as it is). Consequently, every morning is the same... scary bed hair, extraordinaire!  

We're getting through the 'Tangle Tamer' like it's going out of fashion!  For those of you unfamiliar with this particular product, it's a spray conditioner which can be used on wet or dry hair.  It helps to get rid of the gnarls and knots without too many tears and has helped tame the beast that is the Big One's hair! 


We're currently getting a bit low, so I had added it to my shopping list.  However, after giving it some thought, I figured that in reality it's a very easy product to make yourself, saving the ridiculous money the big Brands extort for some fancy kid-friendly packaging.


You will need:

  • An empty spray bottle (or re-use the empty original one like I did)
  • Some normal hair conditioner
  • Some water


This is so easy.  Mix approximately 1 part conditioner with 4 parts water (my bottle was 9 fl oz, so I added just under 2 fl oz of conditioner and then filled the rest of the bottle up with water).  Add to the spray bottle and shake it up.  Done.

You can now feel saintly for saving money and being eco-friendly at the same time!

One Response so far.

  1. Nice idea to avoid a inspection.. Make your own conditioner..

Leave a Reply

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! I am always very touched when people take the time to comment too... it gives me a real boost!

Do check back soon as I make an effort to reply to all comments here!

Thanks again!
Mama Max
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...